Bitdefender anti-malware analysts have produced a tool which can wipe out the “Red October” APT from affected systems. If you happen to be running some bit of critical infrastructure, or have a hunch that your systems might have registered under “collateral damage” in the campaign, feel free to grab it from here. As usual, it is provided free of charge and may be updated at a later date so watch this space.
You may also like
About the author
Razvan Stoica is a journalist turned teacher turned publicist and technology evangelist. When Bitdefender isn't paying him to bring complex subjects to wide audiences, he enjoys writing fiction, skiing and biking. Razvan Stoica started off writing for a science monthly and was the chief editor of a science fiction magazine for a short while before moving on to the University of Medicine in Bucharest where he lectured on the English language. Recruited by Bitdefender in 2004 to add zest to the company's online presence, he has fulfilled a bevy of roles within the company since. In his current position, he is primarily responsible for the communications and community-building efforts of the Bitdefender research and technology development arm.
We mostly write about
- RadRAT: An all-in-one toolkit for complex espionage ops April 13, 2018
- Bitdefender’s Business Insights Nominated at the 2018 Security Blogger Awards – Cast Your Vote! March 30, 2018
- Annabelle Ransomware decryption tool March 5, 2018
- Bitdefender, Europol, Romanian Police, DIICOT team up for GandCrab decryption tool February 28, 2018
- GandCrab Ransomware decryption tool February 28, 2018