Bitdefender has added detection to all products for code exploiting the recently revealed Word 2010 memory corruption vulnerability, which is (according to Microsoft) being used in the wild in targeted attacks.
You may also like
About the author
Razvan Stoica is a journalist turned teacher turned publicist and technology evangelist. When Bitdefender isn't paying him to bring complex subjects to wide audiences, he enjoys writing fiction, skiing and biking. Razvan Stoica started off writing for a science monthly and was the chief editor of a science fiction magazine for a short while before moving on to the University of Medicine in Bucharest where he lectured on the English language. Recruited by Bitdefender in 2004 to add zest to the company's online presence, he has fulfilled a bevy of roles within the company since. In his current position, he is primarily responsible for the communications and community-building efforts of the Bitdefender research and technology development arm.
We mostly write about
- EHDevel – The story of a continuously improving advanced threat creation toolkit September 1, 2017
- Three New Pacifier APT Components Point to Russian-Linked Turla Group September 1, 2017
- Remote ownage of 100k+ Camera and Gateway devices demonstrated at Defcon August 2, 2017
- Remote Exploitation of the NeoCoolcam IP Cameras and Gateway August 2, 2017
- Inexsmar: An unusual DarkHotel campaign July 18, 2017