In May 2016, the Bitdefender threat response team isolated several samples from the internal malware zoo while looking into a custom file-packing algorithm. A deeper look into our global telemetry revealed that this piece of malware was strictly...
Alexandru "Sasha" Maximciuc is a veteran malware researcher with more than 12 years of experience. His research is mostly focused on exploits, advanced persistent threats and packing technologies.
We mostly write about
- Remote ownage of 100k+ Camera and Gateway devices demonstrated at Defcon August 2, 2017
- Remote Exploitation of the NeoCoolcam IP Cameras and Gateway August 2, 2017
- Inexsmar: An unusual DarkHotel campaign July 18, 2017
- A technical look into the GoldenEye ransomware attack July 7, 2017
- Massive GoldenEye Ransomware Campaign Slams worldwide users June 27, 2017